Queer Voices in Leather and Kink
OPEN TO ALL ARTISTS 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
November 6, 2023 to November 3, 2024
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED: Beginning October 8th
SUBMISSIONS CLOSE: October 28, 2023, 11:59pm
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: October 29, 2023.
OPENING RECEPTION: TBD
ARTWORK DROP OFF/DELIVERY DATES: By Fri., November 3, 2023, during bar opening hours.
ARTWORK PICK UP DATES: November 4th through 9th, 2024,
WHAT TYPE OF WORK IS ACCEPTED
• Two-dimensional original artworks, including but not limited to framed paintings, stretched paintings, framed works on paper: including drawings, watercolors, pastels, and limited editions. Fiber, textile, or mixed media are accepted.
• Two-dimensional includes very low-relief works (4 inches deep or less measured from the wall as hung).
• Artwork must have been completed within the last 5 years (2018 to present).
• We cannot accommodate works that are suspended from the ceiling.
• Submissions will be evaluated on unique leather and/or kink theme. Technique, overall mastery, creativity, and originality will be judged – especially as they relate to the leather community.
• The bar is a governed by TABC rules to which subject matter must be acceptable. Therefore, full frontal nudity can only be accepted if it is NOT a photographic representation. Photography that does not show full-frontal nudity will be considered.
• The images submitted must be the creation of, and owned solely by, the artist submitting. No copyright infringement of any artist, living or deceased is permitted.
SIZE / WEIGHT / FRAMING AND FINISHING
• Maximum dimensions of ready-to-hang pieces (including frame, if framed) are 72” x 72” and work cannot exceed 50 pounds. Minimum dimensions allowed are 8” x 10”.
• Preferred hanging hardware for accepted work: wire placed 2” to 3” from top of artwork to avoid projecting out from wall) with d-rings. (No sawtooth hangers are permitted.)
• Pieces delivered without appropriate hardware cannot be accepted!